Restore the lives of mothers and their babies for the better, right from your desk!
Workplace giving is an easy and effective way to support mothers and babies the and help empower and protect young teenager girls in Sierra Leone. A country that is rated one of the most dangerous places in the world for a woman to give birth.
How does it work?
Regular, pre-tax donations are taken directly out of your pay, meaning you will receive an instant tax deduction on your gift.
You’re in control of how much you give. Any amount will have a life changing impact. Here are just a few examples of what your donation could do:
- $35 – could allow 5 children to visit Children’s Clinic
- $65 – could provide a monthly health check-up for one child
- $100 – could ensure safe vaginal delivery
- $1500 – could pay for a nursing aide salary for one year
To help you get started you can download the form to present to your employer to start donating your pre-tax income. Donations over A$2 are Tax-Deductible.
Benefits of Workplace Giving
- You’ll be an integral part of our mission “Motherhood should mark a BEGINNING and not an END” community, making meaningful and sustainable impact on the lives of women and their unborn babies.
- It’s quick and easy to set up, and you can change or stop at any time.
- You’ll receive immediate tax benefits.
- No more worrying about tax receipts – your total donation is included in your annual pay summary.
- Double your impact by encouraging your employers to match your donation.
For Your Employer:
- Employees who donate at work are more loyal to their employer, with 86 per cent saying they are “proud” to work for a company that offers workplace giving.
- Showcases your company’s purpose, values and commitment to gender equality by making a positive impact and giving back to communities.
- Easily monitor collective giving efforts and receive regular updates on how this is helping achieve Make birth safe NOW and for the FUTURE.
- Administration costs are tax-deductible.
How to start:
Signing up to Workplace Giving is easy.
Email us at comms@aminatafoundation.
Why the Aminata Maternal Foundation?
We are a not-for-profit and volunteer-based organisation created in 2014. Some of the shocking facts about maternal health in Sierra Leone, despite the population of 7.8 million, support our work there:
- 1 in 17 women dies in childbirth in Sierra Leone – one of the most dangerous places to give birth.
- With a demand of 3,500 midwives, there are currently less than 800 in Sierra Leone.
- Working directly via partnerships with local organisations such as Aberdeen Women’s Centre, we can continue to make great change together and further reduce suffering.
How your generous contribution will help
Your generous donation will contribute directly to Aminata Maternal Foundation’s mission, which is the provision of safe delivery of babies for approximately 3,000 women per year including pre and post natal care and education.